Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We are not the same I am a Martian

So. I'm pretty into the TV show Skins. I'm excited about Dead Snow. (Nazi Zombies? oh yes) And maybe Year One...not sure about that one. I've been trying to write a song about the final frontier but eventually find myself singing about ground control and Major Tom, realize I'm getting nowhere and throw on a Bowie album. I just put on a censored version of Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III which was actually donated to a home for abused children that has somehow found its way to my desk.

The best thing that has happened to me so far this week was that within the first 5 minutes of my jury duty yesterday I was told I wasn't needed and to go home. Seriously it felt like the judge declaring "not guitly". And the best purchase I've made so far this year has been my scooter. Yes it was worth trading in my car for it. And yes in retrospect I still would have let Daniel ride it for the first time and pretty much immediately crash it (aside from some scratches both he and the scooter were ok). That might have been the funniest thing I've seen all year.

Oh yeah and Tims MASSIVE b-day partay this thursday the 18th @ emos with our good friends Royal Bangs and Booher and the Turkeyz.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I <3 you all.

Gabriel said...

I wrote an entire album about the final frontier this year. http://www.ecuad.ca/~gkoenig/astroyeahs

Did you say something really obnoxious or prejudiced at jury duty? The trick is to say it only so subtly so that they think you're not faking it. At least that's what I've heard/imagined.

Wally Haus said...

Hey Daniel, can you tell me which is the second chord of The Party Punch?

Wally Haus said...

or Greg.. I'm just.. not sure of the exactly chord :)

gregerg said...

hey wally its

11
9
11
0

those are fret numbers starting with the low E being 0

gregerg said...

No Gabriel the charge went from a felony to a misdemeanor so the number of jurors needed dropped. I was one of the lucky ones that got dropped.

Yes I was planning on acting crazy but they let me go before I had a chance.